InFocus Weekly Roundup May 11, 2012
“Stump the Bloggers” with your questions on Capitalizing on Cloud Services and Transitioning to ITaaS. Watch questions and answers here on video from EMC World recorded on May 21 (simulcast on the EMC Community Network).
This week, Wayne Pauley, Choong Keng Leung, and JP Morgenthal share their perspectives on IT Transformation and ITaaS and PaaS:
- ITaaS Assessment: effective top down assessment process.
- Transforming Your IT infrastructure: from Silos to consolidated infrastructures through the evolution from shared to Cloud and IT-as-a Service
- Key to Private Cloud is Removing IT Stratification: moving to an agile organization through the use of DevOps culture and other collaborative techniques
- IaaS and PaaS: distinction between the two is no longer required
Congratulations to EMC for being recognized this week at the Technology Services World conference, the premier event in the IT Services industry. EMC was acknowledgement for commitment to service excellence in three categories:
- Innovation in Professional Services
- Professional Services Excellence in Enabling Customer Success (co-winner)
- Excellence in Use of Metrics and Business Intelligence
Frank Coleman discusses this award and the increased focus on Big Data and Business Intelligence.
Business Intelligence and Customer Data Quality:
- Bill Schmarzo explains how Hadoop, as your ODS and data staging area, can deliver new compelling business benefits: Understanding the Role Of Hadoop In Your BI Environment.
- Laddie Suk explores several core customer data issues that persist in today’s IT systems and covers Customer Data Quality- How to Measure it, Improve it and Make it Stick.
“Strategic planning is not something that can be fully programmed into a computer,” offers Dave Bagatelle in Financial Planning: Static vs. Probabilistic, contrasting straight-line assumptions and forecasting to more probabilistic advice and tools that support forward-looking advice.